Tuesday 3 May 2011

3 more sleeps...

All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go
I'm standin' here outside your door
I hate to wake you up to say goodbye
...
'Cause I'm leaving on a jet plane
I don't know when I'll be back again
Oh, babe, I hate to go
...

Every place I go, I think of you
Every song I sing, I sing for you
...
'Cause I'm leaving on a jet plane
I don't know when I'll be back again
Oh, babe, I hate to go

Now the time has come to leave you
One more time, oh, let me kiss you
And close your eyes and I'll be on my way

'Cause I'm leaving on a jet plane
I don't know when I'll be back again
Oh, babe, I hate to go

And I'm leaving on a jet plane
I don't know when I'll be back again
Oh, babe, I hate to go

But I'm leaving on a jet plane
Leaving on a jet plane
Leaving on a jet plane
...


So three more sleeps until I hit the tarmac. It has been an emotional roller coaster week for me. I finished work on friday and have now spent a few days moving out and tying up loose ends. I crammed a ton of stuff into those handy vacuum sealed bags, and packed an unrational amount of stuff into my little storage space. I moved out the other day and it was strange to leave my apartment with people moving in it. But I'm sure they will keep good care of my place while I'm gone. Since then I have been couch surfing and saying lots of goodbyes. It is starting to hit me that I am leaving for a year. I haven't totally wrapped my brain around it, but it is starting to slowly sink in.

I had my final standard driving lesson today. I wish I could say I ended on a high note, but I think I stalled more today than ever. Though I hit the big roads today. So here's hoping that the scary roads of the Netherlands go easy on me. If anyone has a bumper sticker that says "I'm new at this stick shift think, keep your distance," send it my way.

So I guess the next time you hear from me I will be donning my wooden shoes upon my arrival in Amsterdam on Saturday.

Tot volgende tijd,
Kelly

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to need to see a picture of you wearing those shoes. So excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh kel, can't believe you are leaving! But am so excited for your adventures! I agree, those shoes will be hysterical...pictures are a must :) Praying for safe travels for you!
    -laura

    ReplyDelete